-Organic free range chicken (4 drumsticks, 2 breasts)
– 1 can organic stewed tomatoes (no sugar added)
-bell pepper slices (~1-2 whole bell peppers, julienned into 1 inch slices)
-Seasonings: smoked paprika, black pepper, cayenne pepper, salt
-2 Tbsp. drizzled olive oil
1. Â Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees F.
2. In a large glass baking pan, clean the chicken and place in the pan.
3. Place the tomato sauce over the chicken and add the bell peppers between the chicken pieces.
4. Season the chicken with smoked paprika, black pepper, cayenne pepper and salt.
5. Cook in the oven for Â 35-40 minutes or until just opaque. (DO NOT OVER COOK!)
6. Portion out 2-3 ounces and eat with the cooked veggies or with a side salad.
*This dish provides 7 grams of protein per ounce.
Gabriella’s note:Â This dish is perfect for leftovers! The chicken stays moist from the stewed tomatoes and is great cold or hot. The key is to just not overcook the chicken.